Thursday, June 12, 2008

To Die For Blueberry Muffins

This recipe comes to me courtesy of James L. I don't know if he reads my other blog which links to this but I want to give him credit where credit is due. He brought a batch of these over to our apartment in Seattle one day and I have never had so delicious muffins in my life. No joke. He also made us (and delivered) a mean breakfast of Biscuits and Gravy. Thanks James!

1 1/2 cup flour
3/4 sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder

1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
milk
1 tsp vanilla

1 cup blueberries. Better for them to be partially frozen and not fully defrosted or there will be too much liquid.

Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl. Set aside. Place vegetable oil in liquid measuring cup. Add egg and mix. Add milk till the measurement reads 1 cup.

Using whisk, delicately add flour mixture into wet mixture folding just till mixed. Fold in blueberries. Do not overmix or they will not be fluffy. Spoon into lined muffin pan.

Streusel Topping-
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Cut butter into sugar. Add flour and cinnamon. Mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle on top of muffins. Bake at 400 for 20 to 25 minutes.

*note- I have found that the streusel topping is by far too much. You can save half of it in the freezer for the next batch or make half.

No comments: