Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Banana Bread

















This is much better prepared in a glass pan rather then a metal pan. It seems to me that the metal pans always overbake and burn the edges.

1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup butter ( I prefer vegetable oil)
3-4 overripe bananas- mashed up

Mix first three dry ingredients together in bowl. In another large bowl mix oil and sugar together and eggs beating well. Add bananas and mix well. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and pour in greased 9 by 9 pan. Bake 350 for about 45 minutes or till toothpick inserted.

*Notes- I believe the original recipe stated to bake this for over an hour which is far too much time. I just baked it till I know it is done If you want to double the recipe you can use a 15 by 10 inch pan. When cool sprinkle with powdered sugar. (Use a wire mesh sieve to sprinkle it on.)

I have also tried to substitute applesauce for this recipe and it is NOT a good substitution. I tried partial substitution and entire substitution for the oil and would not do it again.

No comments: