Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mom's Homemade Crepes

What can I say? My Mom used to make these and as soon as they would hit the plate they would be in my mouth. To me I always thought if crepes had a texture it would be like velvet. If you have loads of discipline you can roll them up and fill them with the a cottage cheese mixture (listed below) and jam and top with whip cream. Did I say real whip cream? lol- You can also roll them up and fry them in oil to make blintzes. They make a wonderful breakfast or dinner.

1 cup flour ( you can sift it if you like)
pinch salt
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk

Add sugar (forgot to write how much I added! blech!) Will update later!

Mix ingredients using a blender. Add a bit of butter to your nonstick skillet and make sure pan is hot enough. Pour a measuring cup or ladle full of batter into pan. Flip over and cook on other side.

Please see our Blintz recipe here-

No comments: