Sunday, June 15, 2008

Elaine's Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

I dont know if she reads my blog (she has a mugshot of me holding a many digit number under my chin from Hawaii with a look of terror on my face) but this is your recipe Elaine and I thank you for it!) BTW, Carrott Cake is da bomb with pineapple in it.

1 pound carrots (about 2 large)
1 cup oil
1 1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350. Peel carrots and boil till soft and mash or puree, In a bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs. Beat well. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Stir dry ingredients into wet. Fold in crushed pineapple, cinnamon and nuts. Pour into a greased 13 by 9 pan. Bake approximately 45 minutes till tested with toothpick for doneness.

Frosting-
1 package cream cheese- 8 ounce
1/2 cup butter softened
1 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix cream cheese together and butter till well mixed. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix till blended. Add milk if mixture is too thick.

No comments: