Thursday, June 12, 2008

Easy Refried Beans- Crockpot

I know that some will object to these cuz they really aren't refried. Noone has ever objected to these (not even real Mexicans) not being 'real' if they didnt know UNTIL I told the method of preparation. ha ha. That'll teach me. =)

Spray Crockpot with Pam Spray.

One bag of pinto beans- picked through to make sure rocks and debris are removed and washed. I have never presoaked mine and have never had a problem.

Take one package of bacon and cut it into four pieces. You will be using one fourth of the package. I freeze the remaining bacon since I like to cook beans often. Place bacon in crockpot- you dont have to precook it. Really.

One onion chopped up.

Put beans in crock. Add bacon, onion and fill up with water. Let cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or on low about 8 hours. When done you will take out most of the water but you want to leave a bit. Mix with mixer leaving a bit of the chunks but try to break up the bacon chunks. Add 1 tbsp of salt to taste.

No comments: